Sweet Potatoes - Mashed
Servings:*8 1/2 cup servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes or yams, (2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- - orange twist and parsley sprig
With a hint of orange.
- Microwave sweet potatoes according to directions below. When cool enough to handle, peel and mash with potato masher or electric mixer. Stir in remaining ingredients except orange twist and parsley sprig. Spoon mixture into a 1-quart microwavable casserole. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Microwave (HIGH), covered, stirring once, until heated through (7-8 minutes). Stir. Let stand 3 minutes. Garnish with orange twist and parsley sprig.
- Rinse sweet potatoes, pierce skin with fork. Arrange in a circle of double thickness of paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave (HIGH), turning over and rearranging once, just until tender (12-14 minutes). Let stand 3 minutes.
To Microwave Sweet Potatoes or Yams
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.