Stuffed Medjool Dates
Love dates? This simple recipe will surprise and delight you. Never had dates (and think they sound kind of old-fashioned and weird)? You’re in for a sweet, sweet treat.
Our Stuffed Medjool Dates are creamy, nutty, chewy, juicy and naturally sweet. Dates, by nature, have an almost crystallized crunch due to their high sugar content, and that natural crispness perfectly balances the creamy almond butter-yogurt filling. We also sweetened the filling with a bit of maple syrup, so it takes on a caramely flavor. Then we topped the dates with tart, juicy raspberries and bittersweet chocolate to counter the sweetness and add a bit more texture.
The dates come together in under 20 minutes and don’t require any appliances to make, so they’re a fun project for the whole family. Enjoy them as an on-the-go breakfast, pre-workout snack or delicious dessert.
Makes 12 dates
Preparation time: 15 minutes
6 Medjool dates, pitted and cut in half
¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon coconut oil
3 tablespoons almond butter (or any nut butter)
2 tablespoons whole milk vanilla yogurt
2 teaspoons L&B Pure Maple Syrup
- Arrange the pitted and halved dates on a plate.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil over medium heat, and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the nut butter, yogurt and maple syrup. Place approximately 1½ teaspoons of nut butter filling into each date.
- Top each with a raspberry, then dip in the chocolate. Let the dates chill in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
- Cover and keep refrigerated. The dates will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
This recipe is brought to you by Nourish, our guide to eating a variety of whole foods that expand your palate, give you more energy and help you live a balanced life. If you love it, check out the entire Nourish collection.