Stuffed Egg Medley
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 ounce Byerly's Bourbon Street Chicken Salad, finely chopped (6 ounces = 1/2 cup)
- 6 ounce Byerly's Shrimp and Imitation Crab Salad, (6 ounces = 2/3 cup)
- 8 sun dried tomato slivers
- small parlsey leaves, dill sprigs or capers for garnish
- lettuce leaves
Three flavorful fillings: choose one or all three.
- Arrange eggs in single layer in large saucepan. Add enough tap water to cover eggs by about 1 inch. Cover and quickly bring to a full rolling boil; turn off heat. Remove pan from burner to prevent further boiling. Let eggs stand covered in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain; immediately place in ice water until cooled (about 10 minutes). Crack eggs by tapping them gently all over. Roll eggs between hands to loosen shell; peel, starting at large end. Hold under running cold water to help remove shell. Cut eggs in half lengthwise, scoop yolks a medium bowl. Mash yolks with a fork or pastry blender until fine. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, salt and cayenne pepper. To Bourbon Street Chicken Salad, add 1 tablespoon egg yolk mixture. To Shrimp and Crab Salad, add 2 tablespoons egg yolk mixture. Spoon each mixture into 8 egg halves. Spoon remaining egg yolk mixture into pastry bag fitted with a star tip and pipe into 8 halves; garnish each with a small sliver of sundried tomato. Use remaining egg mixture to pipe a small rosette on top of chicken and shrimp stuffed eggs; top with a small parsley leaf, dill sprig or caper.
- To Serve: Arrange on an egg plate or lettuce-lined platter.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.