Strawberry Rhubarb Tart
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/4 pounds rhubarb, (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 pound strawberries
- sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oil with a fork until all ingredients are moistened. Stir in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough leaves side of bowl and forms a ball. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to make a 14-inch circle. Fit dough into an 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, pressing dough against the side of the pan without stretching the dough; trim excess dough. Prick bottom of the crust with a fork. Line crust with an 18-inch piece of foil; fill to rim with dried beans. Bake on the lowest rack of a 400 F oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Return to oven and bake 8-10 minutes more, until crust is golden. Set aside to cool. Combine rhubarb, sugar and orange peel in a 2-quart saucepan; cook, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb softens (8-10 minutes). Soften gelatin in water for 5 minutes. Stir into hot rhubarb mixture until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in orange liqueur. Refrigerate mixture for 30-45 minutes. Pour mixture into shell. Arrange sliced strawberries attractively on top of the rhubarb. Refrigerate 5 hours or more. To serve, remove rim from pan, leaving the tart on the bottom of the pan. Garnish with whipped cream and cut into wedges.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.