Steak with Chimichurri
This thick herb sauce adds a wonderful burst of flavor and color to your favorite steak!
To make, start by heating the oven to 450 F. Season steak with salt and pepper on all sides. In an oven-safe sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of butter plus 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Sear the steak on all sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. (Optional: Add another 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan.)
Transfer the steak to the oven and cook for 6-10 minutes, depending on your desired level of doneness. Spoon chimichurri sauce (recipe below) over the top before serving.
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 3-4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- ½ cup minced fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Combine vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, shallot and jalapeño in a medium bowl and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro, parsley and oregano. Using a fork, whisk in oil. Season with salt to taste.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit