St. Louis Style Pizza
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup water, (adjust with a little less water or a little more flour as needed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅔ cup L&B Marinara sauce, pureed
- 2 teaspoons L&B Pizza Seasoning
- 1 cup grated Boar's Head white cheddar
- ½ cup grated Boar’s Head Swiss cheese
- ¾ cup grated smoked Gouda cheese *
- optional cooked sausage
- optional pepperoni
- optional cooked bacon, chopped
- optional cooked ground beef
- optional green peppers
- optional mushrooms
- optional onions
This pizza has a cracker-thin crispy crust. In St. Louis the cheese of choice is a processed cheese from Wisconsin called Provel®. Create a similar taste with a blend of white cheddar, Swiss and smoked Gouda. Recipe by Joan Donatelle, FoodE Expert, Lunds & Byerlys, St Louis Park
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 2 baking pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the water with the olive oil. Pour into the flour and mix with a fork until well blended. Divide in half. Shape each half into a round disk. Cover with plastic and let rest for 15 minutes. Spray 2 sheets of parchment paper with non-stick spray. Place the dough between the two sheets of parchment and roll the dough into an 11 inch round pizza, 1/8th inch thick. Place the dough onto a prepared baking pan. Repeat with second dough.
- Combine all three cheeses. Top each pizza with ⅓ cup of sauce and half the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with L&B Pizza Seasoning. Top with additional toppings of choice.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy.
- Amount: 2 (11 inch) pizzas
- *If smoked Gouda is not available, mix 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke into the pizza sauce.
- Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.