Sriracha Sloppy Joes
The key to these super-easy Sloppy Joes: Lunds & Byerlys new Sriracha Pasta Sauce, made with full-bodied San Marzano tomatoes and just a touch of spicy Sriracha sauce for a unique spicy-sweet flavor. Look for this tasty new sauce in the pasta aisle!
- 2 Lunds & Byerlys Bake at Home Baguettes
- 1 pound Lunds & Byerlys All Natural Ground Pork
- 2 teaspoons Lunds & Byerlys Olive Oil
- ½ pound shiitake mushrooms, washed, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced (about ⅔ cup)
- ½ green bell pepper, diced (about ⅔ cup)
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced (about ⅔ cup)
- 1 jar Lunds & Byerlys Sriracha Pasta Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Heat baguettes according to package instructions.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground pork and cook thoroughly, breaking into small pieces, until browned and no longer pink, approximately 12-15 minutes. Keep warm on low heat.
- In medium sauce pan over medium-high heat add olive oil, then shiitake mushrooms, and sauté for 5 minutes. Add peppers and sauté for another for 2 minutes just to release flavors, keeping peppers a little crisp. Add cooked ground pork and pasta sauce to pepper mixture and heat to simmer. Stir in brown sugar and let cook for 5 minutes on low to meld flavors together.
- Remove baguettes from oven and cut each into fourths, making 8 pieces total. Take each
- piece of baguette and cut a “V” out of the top (see picture). Remove top part of bread
- and keep bottom boat for filling. (Reserve “V” top by freezing later for bread crumbs.)
- Fill with approximately ¾ cup of Sriracha Sloppy Joe filling.