Spring Vegetable Paella
- 2 cups Green Giant Sweet Baby Supreme Carrots
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can small artichoke hearts, cut in half
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 3/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 (05 gram) package Spanish saffron threads, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped Spanish or sweet onion
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 (14 12 ounce) can Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Sweet Onions, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth plus enough water to equal 2 cups
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 (155 ounce) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
A vegetarian version of the Spanish classic.
- In large bowl, toss carrots, red pepper, artichoke hearts, 3 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper together. Transfer to foil-lined 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan. Roast in preheated 425 F oven until carrots are tender and lightly browned (about 15 minutes). In small bowl, combine garlic, paprika, saffron and rosemary; set aside. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender (about 5 minutes). Stir in rice; saute 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and garlic mixture; saute 1-2 minutes. Pour in broth and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes. Stir in peas, beans and roasted vegetables. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Transfer to serving dish.
- Tip: To make ahead, spoon paella into oven-proof serving dish. Refrigerate, covered. Reheat, covered, in preheated 350 F oven until mixture registers 165 F (25-30 minutes). Fluff with fork.
- Wine Suggestion: Spanish Albarino (a dry white wine).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.