Spinach Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 9 ounces frozen spinach
- 3 tbsp (divided) California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, dry
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Organic Valley whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, grated
- 3 tbsp (divided) organic basil, cut into fine ribbons
- 2 lbs (4 breasts) organic chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1/8 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, fresh ground
- Put frozen spinach in a pan with garlic and 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes letting the spinach defrost and pulling it apart with a spatula. Turn heat to medium and continue to cook 5 more minutes until quite dry (liquid has been cooked out of spinach). Transfer spinach to a mixing bowl.
- Reconstitute sun dried tomatoes by bringing them to a boil with ¼ cup of water in a small sauce pan. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Drain and finely chop.
- To the spinach, add feta cheese, ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons basil. Cut a pocket into the thickest part of the chicken breasts, being careful not to cut all the way through. Stuff breasts with filling and close pockets with toothpicks and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a wide skillet (that has a lid) over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Nestle breasts in pan (it’s ok if they are touching) and sauté for 2 minutes on each side. Turn chicken over again, add 1/3 cup of water, turn heat to low and cover the pan. Continue cooking for 4 minutes on one side and then 4 minutes on the other, making sure to cover the pan during cooking (12 minutes total cooking time). Let rest for 5 minutes, remove toothpicks, cut breasts in half, and serve.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.