Spinach Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
These simple stuffed chicken breasts are perfect for company!
Preparation time: 1 hour
- 9 ounces frozen spinach
- 3 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Olive Oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons dry sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup Organic Valley Whole Milk Ricotta
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons organic basil, divided, cut into fine ribbons
- 2 pounds organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx. 4 breasts)
- ⅛ teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Put frozen spinach in a pan with garlic and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, letting the spinach defrost and pulling it apart with a spatula.
- Turn heat to medium and continue to cook 5 more minutes until quite dry (liquid has been cooked out of spinach). Transfer spinach to a mixing bowl.
- Reconstitute sun-dried tomatoes by bringing them to a boil with ¼ cup water in a small sauce pan. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Drain and finely chop.
- To the spinach, add feta cheese, ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons basil.
- Cut a pocket into the thickest part of the chicken breasts, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff breasts with filling and close pockets with toothpicks; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a wide skillet (one that has a lid) over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Nestle breasts in pan (it’s okay if they are touching) and sauté for 2 minutes on each side.
- Turn chicken over again, add ⅓ cup of water, turn heat to low and cover the pan.
- Continue cooking for 4 minutes on one side and then 5 minutes on the other, making sure to cover the pan during cooking (approximately 13 minutes total cooking time).
- Let rest for 5 minutes, remove toothpicks, cut breasts in half and serve.
Calories: 220 Total
Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 80mg Sodium: 460mg
Carbohydrate: 3g Fiber: 1g Protein: 29g
Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a
registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and
measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe
represent values based on the best available information. This information is
not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet
recommendations specific to your personal needs.