Spicy Three Bean Chili
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (155 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (155 ounce) can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 (14ounce) can 33% less sodium chicken broth
- grated Cojack cheese
- sour creme
Mexican oregano has an earthier and more robust flavor than the sweeter Mediterranean version. It is usually used in spicy dishes.
- In large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; add onion, red pepper, green pepper, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until onion has softened (5-6 minutes). Stir in tomatoes and their liquid, black beans, kidney beans, great Northern beans, corn, chili powder, salt, oregano and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, simmer 20-30 mintues.
- To Serve: Ladle chili into bowls and top with grated Cojack cheese and sour cream.
- Beverage Recommendation: Dos Equis Special Lager
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.