5 months ago
Spicy Sausage Stir-Fry
This flavorful meal comes together in a snap! A great alternative to your usual stir-fry dinner. Delicious served over rice or noodles, or with baked potatoes.
4 to 6 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes
½ bunch (or more) cilantro or basil
½ cup cashews or peanuts (optional), toasted
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pack spicy sausages, cut into coins
5-6 cups broccoli, cut into florets
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
3 cloves chopped garlic
½ cup L&B Honey Ginger Teriyaki Grilling Sauce
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions, as a garnish
- Mix together cilantro or basil with the cashews or peanuts. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is smoking hot, add the oils and the sliced sausages. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until the sausage starts to caramelize.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms; continue to cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and the ginger; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the ½ cup of Honey Ginger Teriyaki Grilling Sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes more or until the sauce is thickened and coats the vegetables. If the sauce gets too thick, add more liquid to get a nice coating consistency.
- Top with herbs (and nuts, if desired). Garnish with sliced green onions and serve.
Recipe adapted from Butcher and the Boar