Spicy Andouille, Chicken & Rice Soup
This hearty soup comes together in minutes! Spicy andouille sausage and a touch of Cajun seasoning add just the right amount of heat without being overpowering.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced green bell pepper
1 cup diced celery
2 teaspoons minced garlic
4 teaspoons L&B Cajun Seasoning, divided
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups shredded L&B Rotisserie Chicken
3 andouille sausage links, cut into ¼-inch slices, then cut in half
3 cups 33% less sodium chicken broth
2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
2 cups cooked white rice
- In large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, green pepper, celery, garlic, 2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning and salt. Sauté until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining Cajun seasoning over chicken and sausage; add to pan and continue cooking 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice and heat through.
FoodE tip: This soup thickens as it sits, so extra chicken broth may need to be added when reheating leftovers.