Spicy Andouille, Chicken and Rice Soup
Servings:*8 1 ¼ cups
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 4 teaspoons Lunds and Byerlys Cajun Seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 andouille sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices, cut in half
- 3 cups 33% less sodium chicken broth
- 2 (14 12 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- In large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, green pepper, celery, garlic, 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning and salt. Sauté until vegetables are tender (5-7 minutes).
- Sprinkle remaining Cajun seasoning over chicken and sausage; add to pan and continue cooking 3-5 minutes. Add broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in rice and heat through.
- FoodE Tip: This soup thickens as it sits, so additional chicken broth may need to be added when reheating leftovers.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.