Spiced Chicken and Grape Skewers
This delightfully light and fresh update on chicken kabobs is perfect for spring. Serve with a simple rice side dish and a glass of white wine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 8 (10-inch) skewers
- 1½ cups seedless green grapes
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, coriander and salt.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and toss to coat. Marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, soak the skewers in water if wooden.
- Thread 4 pieces of the chicken and 4 grapes onto the skewers, alternating them.
- Spray a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat, or prepare an outdoor grill.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle with mint and serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe source: Food Network
Amount: 4 servings
Calories: 240; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 1.5g; Trans fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 85mg; Sodium: 350mg; Carbohydrate: 12g; Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 9g; Protein: 26g
Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent
values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.