Sparkling Cranberry Cocktail
- For the cranberry-rosemary syrup:
- 1 heaping cup fresh cranberries
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 large sprigs fresh rosemary
- For the cocktails:
- 4 ounces cranberry-rosemary syrup, divided
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 - 750 ml bottle Champagne, Prosecco or sparkling white wine
- Quartered orange slices, cranberries and rosemary sprigs, for garnish
Combine all 6 ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally until the cranberries burst and release their juices, about 5 minutes.
Remove the syrup from the heat and let steep for 15 minutes. Strain into a glass jar, pressing gently on the cranberries to extract their juices. Transfer the syrup to the refrigerator to cool completely.
Fill a Champagne flute with 1 ounce cranberry-rosemary syrup. Layer with ½ ounce orange juice, and top with 6 ounces Champagne. Garnish with an orange slice, a few cranberries and a sprig of fresh rosemary.
Repeat with the remaining cocktails and enjoy!