Spaghetti alla Carbonara
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices pancetta, diced
- 5 pasteurized eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- chopped flat-leaf parsley
A classic dish of Rome.
- Directions In skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; add pancetta. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp; drain on paper towels. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, 1/2 cup cheese and salt until well blended. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain but do not rinse. In bowl, toss hot spaghetti and egg mixture until eggs are cooked. Stir in black pepper, pancetta, parsley and remaining cheese. Serve immediately.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.