Southwestern Chicken Foil Packets
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for topping
Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
Cut four large pieces of aluminum foil. They should be large enough to wrap up the chicken and vegetables.
Place each chicken breast in the middle of each of the foil pieces, and surround with ¼ of the sliced bell pepper, ¼ of the onion, ¼ cup of black beans, and ½ cup of frozen corn.
Sprinkle each packet the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and then drizzle them with olive oil.
Place the packets on the hot grill and cook for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through to 165º F. During the last approximately 5 minutes of cooking time, open each packet and sprinkle with ¼ cup of cheese. Cover for the remainder of the cooking time.
Serve topped with chopped cilantro and enjoy!