Southwestern Black Bean Dip
- 1 (8 ounce) package bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Cuban style black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoons red pepper sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) carton frozen avocado dip, thawed
- 1/4 cup sour lean
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion, including some tops
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- blue and white corn tortilla chips
A colorful Mexican appetizer.
- In large skillet, saute bacon until crisp, reserving drippings. Return 2 teaspoons bacon drippings to skillet; saute onion until tender. In medium bowl, mash beans; stir in bacon, onion, chili powder and red pepper sauce. Mound bean mixture in center of 9" quiche pan or serving platter. Spoon avocado dip and sour lean on top of bean mixture. Arrange bell peppers in ring around base of bean mixture; sprinkle green onions, cheese and cilantro over all. Serve with tortilla chips.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.