Southwestern Black Bean Dip
- 8 ounces bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (½ cup)
- 2 15ounce cans seasoned black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 6 ounces L&B Fresh Guacamole
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions, including some tops
- 4 ounces Colby Jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Blue and white corn tortilla chips, for serving
In a large skillet over medium high heat, fry bacon until crispy. Drain the bacon, reserving the drippings in a bowl.
Return two teaspoons of bacon drippings to the skillet. Add the onion and sauté until tender, 5-7 minutes.
In a medium bowl, mash the beans. Stir in the bacon, onion, chili powder and Tabasco.
Mound the bean mixture in the center of a 9-inch quiche pan or serving platter. Spoon the guacamole and sour cream on top. Sprinkle the bell peppers, green onions, cheese and cilantro on top. Serve with tortilla chips.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.