Smoked Turkey Wild Rice Casserole
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups diced smoked turkey
- 1(12oz) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1.75 cups Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large saucepan, saute sliced mushrooms in melted margarine.
- Dissolve cornstarch in a small amount of evaporated skim milk; add to mushrooms along with cooked wild rice, diced smoked turkey, the rest of the milk, and chives; mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 2 1/2 qt. casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350 F for 1 hour.
- At mealtime, sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Recipe Adjustments for Turkey Wild Rice Casserole:
Select diet; follow recipe using substitutions below.
Reduced Sodium: No changes.
Reduced Cholesterol: To further reduce cholesterol, omit sprinkling Parmesan cheese at table. 41 mg Cholesterol per serving.
Reduced Calorie: A smaller portion size would reduce the amount of calories.
Diabetic Exchange (for original recipe): 2 starch exchanges & 1 fat exchange per serving.