Slow Cooker Red Wine Braised Pork
This flavorful pork roast recipe cooks all day in the slow cooker. It’s a tasty meat-and-potatoes dinner without any hassle!
Preparation time: 6-7 hours on high or 9-10 hours on low
1 (4-7 pound) pork shoulder roast
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried marjoram
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
¾ cup water
1 cup red wine (such as Cabernet)
1 pound red potatoes
- Rinse the roast and pat dry with paper towels.
- Layer onions in the bottom of a large slow cooker.
- Place the roast in slow cooker; sprinkle half the spices over the roast and lightly rub them into the meat.
- Turn the roast over and season with the remaining spices.
- Pour the water and wine into the slow cooker.
- Add potatoes around the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or on high for 6-7 hours, until the meat is falling apart.
- When the meat is done cooking, shred gently with two forks and then toss in the juices to keep it moist until ready to serve.