Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork
- Roast Pork:
- 1 boneless pork butt or shoulder (about 5 pounds)
- L&B Island Breeze Seasoning
- 1 cup sliced onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups water or chicken stock
- Grilled Pineapple Relish:
- Oil for grilling or sautéing
- 1 fresh pineapple, skinned, cored and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a skillet over high heat, sear the pork on all sides until fully browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to slow cooker.
Reduce heat to medium and add 1 cup of sliced onions to the skillet. Cook until softened and translucent.
To the skillet, add cherry tomatoes and L&B Island Breeze Seasoning. Increase heat to medium-high and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Slowly add the water or stock to the skillet, scraping the bottom of pan to deglaze.
Add the onion-tomato mixture to the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, until pork is cooked through and tender. Pull apart with two forks or chop.
Brush each side of the pineapple slices with oil.
Grill or sauté until dark grill marks appear or pineapple becomes glazed and dark brown, 3-5 minutes per side.
Chop the pineapple and add it to a bowl with cilantro, ginger, lime juice, jalapeño and onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.