Slow Cooker Mojo Pork Roast with Chimichurri Sauce
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 (4pound) pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 1 Fresno pepper, halved with seeds
- 1 cup rum
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup lime juice
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- For the Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon Fresno pepper, seeded and diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoons coarse salt
In a large heavy bottom pot, heat grapeseed oil over medium-high heat.
Season pork with salt and pepper and sear on all sides. Place seared pork shoulder in slow cooker.
Pour off the extra fat and oil from the heavy bottom pot and discard.
To the pot, add onion, Fresno pepper and rum; bring to a simmer and scrape up all the bits from the bottom of the pot. Add the rum mixture to the slow cooker.
Next, to the slow cooker add orange juice, lime juice, garlic, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes and coriander.
Cover and cook for 6 hours on high. Remove roast to a serving plate and top with chimichurri sauce to serve.
Mix all ingredients together and serve immediately over pork.