Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
This month, join us as we celebrate National Family Meals Month! Together with other retailers, communities and families across the country, we’re raising awareness of the benefits of eating meals together as a family.
And what better place to start than with a family-friendly roast chicken recipe? This easy-prep meal simmers all day in the slow cooker so it’s ready to eat when you get home in the evening.
3-5 pounds whole chicken
2 lemons, sliced
2 heads of garlic
Fresh rosemary (approx. 12 sprigs)
Lunds & Byerlys Signature Chicken Seasoning,
available in our spice aisle
- Cover the bottom of the slow cooker with lemon slices, rosemary sprigs and a head of garlic with the top sliced off.
- Stuff the chicken with additional slices of lemon, sprigs of rosemary and loose, peeled garlic cloves.
- Generously sprinkle the outside of the chicken with our chicken seasoning.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker, on top of the lemon slices, rosemary and garlic.
- Cover the chicken with remaining lemon slices and rosemary sprigs.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, until the temperature in the breast is 170 F and the temperature in the thigh is 180 F when measured with a meat thermometer.