6 months ago
Slow Cooker Corned Beef &
traditional St. Patrick’s Day meal made easy in the slow cooker. Delicious made
with our melt-in-your-mouth L&B Kobe Corned Beef Brisket!
Preparation time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- 2-3 pound corned beef brisket, with spices and juice
medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-2 inch chunks
small onions, coarsely chopped
- 8 small red potatoes, unpeeled
- 12 ounces dark beer (such as Guinness)
½ cups water
sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 head cabbage,
- In a large slow cooker, place the corned
beef on the bottom (do not rinse; allow all the juices from the packaging to go
inside the slow cooker).
- Layer with carrots, onions and potatoes. Top with sprigs of thyme.
- Pour the beer and water over the
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Once the corned beef and vegetables have
cooked, move around the vegetables to make room for the cabbage.
Submerge the cabbage in as much liquid as possible, place the lid back on the
slow cooker and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Slice the corned beef against the grain and
serve with a grainy mustard.
Recipe source: Food