Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chopped onions, celery and carrots*
- 1-2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 24 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 (1-pound) packages potato gnocchi (about 4 cups)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped or crumbled
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
Place the chicken, vegetables, garlic, basil, Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning, salt and broth in a slow cooker.
Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
Shred the chicken directly in the slow cooker or in a separate bowl and add back into the slow cooker.
Add the cornstarch mixture, evaporated milk, gnocchi, bacon and spinach. Stir and replace cover. Cook for an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour.
If needed, gradually stir in up to 1 cup water.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
*Save time with L&B mirepoix in our produce section.