Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup
This creamy, comforting soup is the perfect easy meal for a cold winter day.
Preparation time: 4 – 5 hours on HIGH; 6 – 8 hours on LOW
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups chopped onions, celery and carrots*
1-2 teaspoons dried basil
1-2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
24 ounces evaporated milk
2 (1-pound) packages potato gnocchi (about 4 cups)
6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped or crumbled
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Place the chicken, vegetables, garlic, basil, Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning, salt and broth in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken directly in the slow cooker or in a separate bowl and add back into the slow cooker.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, evaporated milk, gnocchi, bacon and spinach. Stir and replace cover. Cook for an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- If needed, gradually stir in up to 1 cup water.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe source: Pinch of Yum
*Save time with L&B mirepoix in our produce section.