Here’s something your whole family will love: nachos for dinner! Best of all, this simple meal cooks in one pan for easy cleanup.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
1 (14.5-ounce) can corn
1 (14.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
Tortilla chips, for serving
Toppings such as avocado, green onions, sour cream, pickled jalapeños, etc., for serving
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and green pepper; sauté until vegetables are slightly softened, 3-5 minutes.
- To the pan, add ground beef or ground turkey. Continue cooking until the meat is browned and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in salsa, corn and black beans; cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese and heat until melted (either cover the skillet or place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes).
- Serve with chips and your favorite nacho toppers.
Tip: You can also use L&B Pulled Chicken in place of the turkey or ground beef. If you do, simply stir in the chicken during Step 3.