Skillet Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs
Crispy sautéed chicken thighs drizzled with a savory Lemon Garlic Sauce. Ready in half an hour!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Lemon Garlic Sauce:
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan + 1 tablespoon to garnish
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a small bowl, combine first 6 ingredients. Set aside.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with the prepared spice mixture. Gently rub the mixture into the thighs.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and then place chicken thighs into the pan.
- Sauté on the first side for 5-6 minutes. Flip the chicken, turn the heat down to medium and cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes, until you don’t see any more pink.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set on a plate.
- Turn the heat down to low. To the skillet add butter, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and minced garlic. Using a spoon or a whisk, scrape all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Stir until garlic is fragrant and butter is melted.
- Add Parmesan cheese, smoked paprika and red pepper flakes. Whisk to stir everything together. Place the chicken back in the skillet and let cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the juice of 1 lemon over the whole thing.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the sauce over each chicken thigh.
- Garnish with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Recipe adapted from Joyful Healthy Eats