Sirloin Steak with Wild Mushroom Mascarpone Sauce
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 ounce Forest™ Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced, 3.5-ounce
- 1 medium leek, white and tender green, washed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In small saucepan bring chicken broth to a boil; add porcini, cover and allow to sit 30 minutes to rehydrate. Drain porcini, reserving liquid. Finely chop porcini.
- Melt butter in small skillet, add leeks, porcini, shiitake mushrooms and thyme. Sauté 3-4 minutes. Add brandy and ½ cup of reserved porcini liquid, boil over high heat until most of liquid is evaporated, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add mascarpone, stirring until melted. Add cream, season with salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat until slightly thickened, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in chives.
- While sauce is reducing, brush steak with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place sirloin on hot grill and grill 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer steak to cutting board and allow to rest 5 minutes. Slice steak and arrange on serving plate; spoon sauce over and serve immediately.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.