Servings:*14 shrimp balls
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions, including some green tops
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon peeled, grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package fresh won ton wraps, sliced into strips 1/8-inch wide
- 3 cups Vegetable Oil
Won ton wraps make an interesting and tasty crisp coating.
- Coarsely chop shrimp; combine with next 7 ingredients. Form into 1-inch balls; roll in won ton strips. Heat oil in wok or large skillet to 375 F. Working in batches, add shrimp balls and fry until golden (2-3 mintues). Using a slotted spoon remove shrimp balls from oil; drain on paper towels.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.