Sheet-Pan Salmon & Brussels Sprouts
We could kick off this post about our Sheet-Pan Salmon & Brussels Sprouts in so many different and compelling ways. For instance, we could herald the vibrant colors and bright, fresh flavors of this meal and how they make it feel light and hearty at the same time. Or we could wax poetic about how easy this meal is to make and how quickly it comes together; all you need is 15 minutes and one baking sheet. Or we could emphasize how healthy it is, with the anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids in the salmon and the health-promoting phytonutrients in the Brussels sprouts. Instead, we’ll stick to the really important stuff: your family will love it.
You can forgo the Cilantro Cream Sauce if you’re pressed for time, but we highly recommend taking an extra five minutes to whip it together. It complements and enhances the L&B Northern Lights Fish Seasoning on the salmon — and it takes this meal from terrific to outstanding.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 26 to 28 minutes
3 heaping cups halved Brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
12 ounces baby gold potatoes
5 teaspoons L&B Northern Lights Fish Seasoning, divided
4 6-ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into thin slices
For the Cilantro Cream Sauce:
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
1 garlic clove, grated
½ medium jalapeño, finely chopped
Kosher salt, to taste
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper until fully combined. Spread the seasoned Brussels sprouts across one half of a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon L&B Northern Lights Fish Seasoning. Spread the seasoned potatoes on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven. Flip the vegetables over and push them to the sides of the pan to create a space in the middle.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towels. Drizzle both sides of the fillets with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season both sides with the remaining 4 teaspoons L&B Northern Lights Fish Seasoning. Place the salmon fillets in the middle of the pan, then place the butter slices on top of the fillets and return the sheet pan to the oven. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or until the salmon flakes and the thickest part of the salmon is cooked to an internal temperature of 145 F.
- To make the Cilantro Cream Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and jalapeño. Season with kosher salt, mix well and set aside.
- Serve the salmon, Brussels sprouts and potatoes hot with the Cilantro Cream Sauce.