Serrano and Quince Crostini
- 1 1/2 cups shredded La Vaca Rica Queso Blanco cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely snipped chives
- 1 loaf baguette bread, sliced diagonally 1/2-inch thick
- olive oil
- 1 (325 gram) package quince paste, (325 g = 11 ounces)
- 7 thin slices Serrano ham or prosciutto, quartered
Tangy, sweet quince paste adds distinctive flavor to this tapas.
- In small bowl, combine cheese and chives; set aside. Brush one side of each baguette slice lightly with olive oil; arrange oiled side up on baking sheet. Broil until lightly browned (about 1 minute). Remove from oven. Spread each crostini with about 1 teaspoon quince paste. Arrange quartered slice of ham on each crostini; top with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly (2-3 minutes).
- Tip: Refrigerate remaining quince paste up to 6 weeks. Use paste on crackers, bagels, toast or English muffins.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.