Seared Sirloin Over Power Greens
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1/3 cup Cabernet Sauvignon, good quality
- 1/4 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys sea salt
- 1 1/2 pound grass-fed boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil, substitute California Olive Ranch Olive Oil if avocado oil isn't available
- 4 tbsp (divided) organic unsalted sweet-cream butter
- 6 cups arugula, tightly packed and chopped
- 3 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Combine ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic, rosemary, Bragg Liquid Aminos, cabernet, and sea salt in a shallow container, add sirloin steak. Marinate the steak for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator, turning steak over mid-way to soak up marinade on other side. Before cooking, let steak come to room temperature for 30 minutes. In the meantime, prep all your ingredients so they are ready.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and heat a wide seasoned cast iron skillet to medium-high (smoking hot) on the stovetop. Remove steak from marinade and with butter knife, scrape off all bits and pieces of seasonings and put back into marinade. Set the marinade aside for later use. Blot/dry the steak with a paper towel and season both sides with sea salt.
- Add oil to pan and swirl around to coat. Add steak to pan. Do not touch steak for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, using tongs, flip steak and add 2 tablespoons of butter next to steak. Allow steak to cook for 3 more minutes. With spoon, constantly baste melted butter over steak for full 3 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven and set a timer for 4 minutes. Remove pan from oven at 3 minutes for rare, 4-5 minutes for medium rare, and 7-8 minutes for medium well. Remove steak to a serving dish and tent with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile deglaze the pan with leftover marinade. Turn the heat back to medium-high. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and the mushrooms and arugula. Allow to cook while steak is resting (10 minutes) stirring and turning the mixture throughout. Slice steak on the bias and serve over greens and mushrooms.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.