Seared Arctic Char with Cucumber Relish
This quick-cooking seafood dinner is perfect for busy weeknights. The homemade cucumber relish adds a refreshing touch!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- ¾ cup diced seeded cucumber
- ¼ cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅜ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 (6-ounce) arctic char fillets
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Place cucumber, shallots, cilantro, mint, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon sugar in a medium bowl, stirring to combine.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat.
- Sprinkle the fillets evenly with remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper. Add fish to pan, skin side up. Cook 2 minutes; turn over.
- Place pan in oven and bake at 425 F for 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Top fillets with cucumber mixture and serve.
Recipe source: My Recipes