Scallops with Polenta & Mushrooms
This wonderful seafood dinner for two comes together in just 30 minutes!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Sel Gris (Grey Sea Salt)
- ½ teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys White Truffle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 large sea scallops
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups assorted fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- ⅔ cups polenta
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add sea salt, truffle oil and pepper. Keep warm over very low heat.
- In small skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; add remaining olive oil to skillet. When oil is hot, add scallops and sear 2 minutes; turn and sear additional 2 minutes.
- Add an additional teaspoon of olive oil to the pan. Once hot, add mushrooms and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, 2 teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper to a rapid boil. Slowly whisk polenta into water until incorporated. Reduce heat to low; continue stirring until thickened (about 3-4 minutes). Fold in 1 cup Asiago cheese and 2 teaspoons each parsley and thyme.
- Serve scallops and mushrooms on top of polenta. Drizzle with butter sauce.