Savory Wild Rice Bread Pudding
- 2 packages Byerly's Wild Rice Soup with Ham, 10-ounce
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 package shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced, 3.5 ounce
- 8 ounces aged gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parlsey
- 1 baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup diced roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- Place soup pouches in microwave-safe dish. Cut small slit in top of each pouch to vent. Heat 5 minutes on high power. Cut each pouch open and pour soup into large bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium-high heat. Saute shallots and shiitake mushrooms until soft; set aside.
- Stir half and half, eggs, parsley and half of cheese mixture into bowl of soup; set aside.
- Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; layer half of bread cubes on bottom. Arrange red peppers, chicken and shiitake mixture over bread cubes. Layer remaining half of cheese mixture over; and add remaining bread cubes over the top.
- Pour soup mixture over, cover with foil. (Can be made a day ahead, covered and refrigerated.) Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until top is golden brown (10 to 15 minutes).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.