Savory Walnut Loaf
Servings:*15 (3x5 squares)
- 6 cups Water
- 2 1/2 cups Lundberg organic short grain brown rice, (must be short grain brown rice to hold loaf together)
- 3 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 extra-large organic eggs
- 1 medium size onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons flax, ground
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon salt free Spike
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush 9 x 12 baking dish with olive oil.
- Boil water in large pot with lid. Add rice, stir and bring to boil again. Reduce heat to low and cook covered for 20- 25 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit covered for 30 minutes. Rice should be well cooked and slightly sticky. Cool rice to room temperature.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well. Lightly press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until internal temperature measures 145 degrees with cooking thermometer.
- Serve with Marsala Mushroom Gravy.
Rice can be made ahead of time to save a step.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.