Sauteed Chicken Breasts and Shiitake Mushrooms with Thyme-White Wine Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 7 ounce shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1 cup 33% less sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon white truffle oil, optional
This entree is ideal to serve to guests or as a gourmet weeknight meal.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tablepsoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil. When butter is melted, add chicken breasts and saute 6-7 minutes per side. Remove chicken and keep warm on plater. Add remaining butter and oil to pan. Saute onions until translucent (3-4 minutes). Add garlic and mushrooms to pan, saute for an additional 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Deglaze pan with broth and wine, scraping bits off bottom of pan. Stir in thyme and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Return chicken to pan, simmer until sauce thickens and chicken reaches 170 F on an instant-read thermometer (3-4 minutes). Remove from heat, stir in parsley and white truffle oil, if desired. Serve immediately.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.