Sausage & Kale Feta Pasta
- 1 pound italian sausage links, casings removed
- 3 large kale leaves, leaves removed from stem and roughly chopped
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta, (or your favorite pasta shape)
- 8oz container Philia Savory Feta Spread
- ¼ cup heavy cream or milk
- ½ cup pasta water
- Bring large pot of water to boil for the pasta. Once boiling, cook according to pasta package.
- Meanwhile, remove sausage from casing, and cook in large skillet, breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks. Remove sausage from skillet and set aside on a plate lined with paper towel to soak up grease.
- Keep a little of the sausage grease in the pan, and sauté the kale over medium high heat until slightly wilted, just a couple of minutes.
- Combine feta spread and cream/milk in medium bowl, whisking until combined.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water, then return pasta to pot. Add feta sauce, tossing to combine. Add pasta water, 1-2 tablespoons at a time, to thin out the sauce a bit. I used 1/2 cup total.
- Add sausage and kale to pasta, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately topped with shredded Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Recipe source: greens & chocolate http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.