Sausage & Asiago Panini
Shredded Asiago cheese paired with thinly sliced Italian sausage makes for a wonderfully flavorful sandwich that the whole family will love!
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned
- ½ green bell pepper, julienned
- ¼ onion, sliced thin
- ¼ cup Sartori Classic Asiago Cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cooked Italian sausage, sliced thin
- Olive oil
- Marinara sauce (optional)
- Sauté peppers and onions in olive oil until slightly caramelized and tender, adding garlic during final 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cheeses to form a spread.
- Brush theouter sides of the bread with olive oil.
- Spread cheese mixture on inner sides of bread. Assemble sausage and onion/pepper/garlic mixture onto sandwich.
- Cook in a heated panini press or skillet for approximately 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with a side of marinara sauce, if desired.
Recipe source: Sartori