Sam Adams Beef Stew
- 2 pounds boneless beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup flour, divided
- 2 12 salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups cubed carrots
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 1/2 tsp teaspoons chopped garlic
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 (12ounce) bottle Sam Adams® beer
- 2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1/4 cup Water
This hoppy beer adds a nice tang to the stew.
- In large food storage bag, shake beef with 1/4 cup flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and the pepper. Melt butter in large Dutch oven over medium heat. Brown beef; remove. Stir in onion, carrots, thyme, bay leaves and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in beef stock and beer. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until beef is tender (approximately 3 1/2 hours). Add potatoes; simmer until tender (about 20 minutes). Combine remaining 1/4 cup flour and water until smooth; slowly pour into stew, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; boil and stir 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove bay leaves. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon of salt if needed.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.