Salmon with Dill Cream Sauce
Pan-seared salmon layered with sautéed root vegetables and baked in a creamy white wine dill sauce.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1 pound salmon, skin off, cut into 4 portions
1 bunch carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
3 medium parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
1 small celery root, peeled and roughly chopped
2 tablespoons butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 shallots, roughly chopped
½ cup white wine
½ cup chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, heat grapeseed oil over medium-high heat. Add salmon and sear until golden brown on the bottom. Remove salmon from pan and set aside.
- To the hot pan, add carrots, parsnips and celery root; sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Lower heat and add butter, garlic and shallots. Sauté until the vegetables are tender.
- Pour in the white wine and let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and cream; return mixture to a simmer.
- Stir in chopped dill. Add salmon to the pan seared side up.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve hot.