Salmon Tacos with Sriracha Cream Sauce
Servings:*4 (2 tacos each)
- Sriracha Sauce
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1-3 teaspoon Sriracha (depending on how spicy you prefer)
- ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- juice of one lime
- 1 pound salmon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 corn tortillas
- chopped cilantro
- Jalepeños, for topping
- other toppings: salsa, guacamole, tomatoes, etc.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine cumin, chili powder, and salt. Rub over salmon.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. I love using my cast iron or All-Clad skillets.
- Once oil is hot, add salmon, skin side down. Cook 4-5 minutes, then flip. Cook another 4-5 minutes, until salmon is cooked through. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your salmon. If you are cooking one large piece of salmon, you will likely need to cook it closer to 6-7 minutes on each side.
- Once salmon is cooked and flakes easily, divide chunks of salmon among the tortillas. Top with preferred toppings (mine are cilantro, red onion and jalapeños) and drizzle with Sriracha cream sauce.
- Tip: I put my cream sauce in a plastic baggie, then cut one of the tips off a corner, which makes drizzling much easier! Alternately, you can drizzle with a spoon
- Recipe by: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.