California Style Pizza with Salmon, Smoked Gouda and Arugula
- ½ pound Sixty South Salmon
- ½ pound asparagus, bottoms snapped and discarded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon L&B Gone Fishin Seasoning
- to taste freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest freshly grated
- 14-16 ounces pizza dough, from scratch or pre-made
- 1 hot pepper of choice, cayenne, Serrano, jalapeno, finely chopped
- 8 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- drizzle Mike’s Hot Honey
This is a delicious and unique pizza, with 3 cheeses, salmon, and a drizzle Mike’s Hot Honey. Recipe by FoodE Experts Michele Licata & Lynda Kuzma
- Heat oven to 450 F. Let pizza dough rise.
- Place salmon skin side down on a cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper for easy clean-up) or grill. Coat the salmon and asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle a generous amount of L&B Gone Fishin seasoning and black pepper. Bake or grill 6-8 minutes then flip the salmon and remove skin. Add asparagus to the pan and bake/grill both for an additional 4-5 minutes or until the internal temperature of the salmon is 120 degrees. Do not overcook.
- Mix the goat cheese and the ricotta cheese together in a small bowl.
- Shape pizza dough into round crust, bake until slightly golden brown on the edges. About 8 minutes depending on the thickness of the dough. Remove from oven and carefully spread on the goat cheese mixture. Break up the salmon onto the pizza, topping it with red onion slices, asparagus, lemon zest and pepper. Top with smoked Gouda and bake an additional 6 minutes or just until the cheese is bubbly. Drizzle with Mike’s Hot Honey then top with a generous amount of arugula. Enjoy!
- Gluten free pizza crust will work well with this recipe.
- Amount: 4 servings
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.