Salami, Roasted Red Pepper, and Spinach Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 12 ounces Red Table Meat Co. salami, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 3 cups Milk
- 2½ cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat medium pot of water over high heat and bring to boil. Cook pasta according to package, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add salami and cook until it begins to release its oils.
- Add roasted red pepper and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and place on plate lined with paper towels to get rid of excess liquid/grease.
- In large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Season with salt. Add flour, stirring to create a roux. Let cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly, so milk and flour become incorporated. Once all of the milk is added, stir in cheese until melted.
- Combine cheese sauce with cooked macaroni, salami, red pepper, and spinach. Stir well to combine. Pour into prepared dish.
- Combine panko bread crumbs and melted butter, stirring until combined. Sprinkle over macaroni and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until cheese is bubbling
- If breadcrumbs are not golden, turn on broiler for 1-2 minutes, watching carefully so they do not burn.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then dig in! Enjoy!
- Recipe source: greens & chocolate http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.