Rye and Sausage Stuffing with Leeks and Mushrooms
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Lunds and Byerlys Artisan Seeded Jewish Rye Bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cups sliced leeks
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 (8 oz) package baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 1/2 cups aged shredded Gruyère cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Spread bread cubes in even layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Bake until edges have dried, but centers are slightly moist (50-60 minutes). Increase oven temperature to 375 F. Transfer rye cubes to large mixing bowl.
- In large skillet, cook sausage, breaking sausage into small pieces with wooden spoon, until browned (5-7 minutes). Drain; discard any drippings. Transfer sausage to bowl with rye cubes.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add leeks, fennel, carrots, mushrooms and wild rice seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened but not browned (7-9 minutes). Transfer vegetables to bowl with sausage mixture; mix well.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Whisk together chicken broth and eggs. Pour over stuffing; mix to combine. Spray 3-quart baking dish with no stick cooking spray. Spoon stuffing into baking dish; sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake until stuffing is set and crisp on top (35-40 minutes).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.