Rotisserie Chicken Remix: No-Heat Layered Mexican Scoop Dinner
Turn a favorite 1980s appetizer into a cool scoop-it-up dinner! You can use a large platter to make it fun and easy for the family to scoop up the layers.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped Lunds & Byerlys Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 cup Lunds & Byerlys Salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
- Optional toppings, for serving: chopped black olives, black beans, cooked corn, chopped cilantro, fresh
chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce
- Assorted chips and veggies for scoopers, such as celery, cucumber, jicama, bell peppers or zucchini
- Spread refried beans over a large platter. (Tip: You can jazz up the beans with chopped chilies, a spoonful of salsa, or a bit of sriracha if you like.)
- Spoon sour cream over the beans and spread it to almost cover the beans. Sprinkle with cheeses. Top with chicken.
- Spoon salsa and guacamole over the chicken, then customize with your family’s favorite toppings (suggestions listed above).