Rotisserie Chicken Remix: Chicken Scampi with Linguine
A fresh, flavorful take on a classic Italian dish, made easy with rotisserie chicken. Don’t miss out on 6 Buck Cluck Fridays, when you can get a Lunds & Byerlys Rotisserie Chicken for just $6!
Preparation time: 25 minutes
¼ cup butter or olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (use less for less heat)
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup white wine or chicken broth
1 tablespoon hot sauce (use less for less heat)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
12 ounces linguine pasta
2 cups chopped chicken from a Lunds & Byerlys Rotisserie Chicken
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, basil and red pepper flakes to the pot and cook for 5 minutes until the onion begins to soften and becomes translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, wine, hot sauce, lemon juice and uncooked pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and cook about 3 minutes until chicken is hot and the pasta is al dente. Add more chicken broth a bit at a time if needed.
- Stir in the tomatoes and top with parsley and cheese.
Recipe adapted from Jo Cooks